We help clients win Civil and Criminal Cases
We provided expert testimony and strategic support that resulted in a recent seven figure jury verdict in favor of our client.
Our financial services client was losing business because of a confusingly similar domain name being used by a large, publicly traded competitor. Their marketing activity was diverting traffic and business away from our client. The case was complicated by a prior agreement between our client and the opposition, which we determined with counsel had been breached.
We worked with our client over a two year period to develop and deploy a balanced strategy to fix the problem. Our roles included:
- Attempting to reach a negotiated agreement prior to the initiation of litigation
- Consulting with inside and outside counsel to craft a litigation strategy as regards the technical and marketing issues at hand
- Crafting subpoena parameters to insure maximum and relevant production
- Interpreted the production to develop a valuation model for damages
- Worked with the client’s business valuation consultant to refine this model and his testimony
- Testified at trial as an expert witness ourselves
In most cases, a negotiated agreement is preferable to litigation. But we are tenacious and effective in protecting our clients’ interests, and we will not let them be bullied by anyone.
After a jury trial, our client was awarded a seven figure damages judgement.